Sunday, September 15, 2013

Introducing DDCC Designer Emmey :)





Hello my wonderful friends :)

How are you? How was your weekend? 
Did you get to do lots of things that you enjoyed or did you do all the stuff you had to get done? Or maybe you just had a nice relaxing few days? I would love to know how you spent your weekend so please feel free to let me know in the comments.


My Daughter Zoe has been keeping me on my toes as she has had a few of her friends stay over this weekend.  At the moment we are at the local indoor swimming pools as she wanted to go swimming with her friend Lara. I'm just so grateful that I have my Samsung S4 to write my blog post to you all.


I didnt realise that Blogger has a phone app until I just found & installed it lol. So this is my first time using it & my second time writing this post.  Earlier I had written a fair bit & went to look for something else on my phone & I totally forgot all about saving the data first lol.  Needless to say I lost it all & now i'm writing it again lol.  Oh well, you live & learn lol.


I just want to say thank you for keeping up to date with us in regards to our new Dreamtime Designs Craft Challenge which is due to be officially open on the 1st October. Myself & the Design Team are very excited & busy with getting our projects ready for the first challenge :)

However, before that gets underway I really need to introduce you to the rest of the Design Team.



Next up is our wonderful
Designer Emmey :)




Emmey's blog is called Coloured Imagination.




Here is the profile that Emmey wrote for you :)


--------------------------------------------


 Hi all, my name is Emmey and I live in the West Midlands in the UK with my fiancé and my adorable chocolate Labrador. 

When i'm not working as a guide dog trainer, im crafting!  I've always been a bit of a hobby butterfly and have touched on many crafts, I take after my dad for that! Aside everything else on the planet I mainly started out with scrapbooks, because I'm a sentimental fool and keep as many memories as I can so felt I needed to actually do something with them! That lead to discovering digi and rubber stamps, and the rest, they say, is history!! Cards and altered items are my game now, if it stands still long enough i'll colour it with my Promarkers!  It's so important to me to be creative, active, and keep your imagination on top form. Another lesson from dad!

I discovered Lisa and Dreamtime Designs when entering some blog challenges. Her project was one of the entries and the little thumbnail looked amazing, so I stalked on over to her blog and just fell in love with her style of work and her blog posts always made me smile. 

When I saw a post about the DT call I panicked! I really want to design for her but I need more time to get better before I enter a DT call!! Haha I stalked the call for ages, all of the entries were fantastic! I never thought that I'd be picked along side some other fab designers! With the style of work shown by Lisa and the other teamies I wanted to be apart of it, to be challenged, inspired and hopefully challenge and inspire others, I love visiting people's blogs and taking a dive into their world so this DT is simply perfect for me!

So now I'm a Designette! Along side the Dreamettes, me and my sisters are going to rock some fantastic fun on this team!

My sisters are already amazing and we have only just started to scratch the surface! Such a fun friendly bunch I can see some seriously great friendships developing!

If I can challenge or inspire anyone, including my sisters, I'd be over the moon! One thing i'll always tell people, keep your imagination alive and your world will always have a perfect corner of paradise for you there.



--------------------------------------------


I totally agree with you Emmey & thank you for writing such a wonderful profile.  Emmey also declared her new DT position to her followers in this post on her blog. You can read it here & please feel free to congratulate her on being part of our DT :)



When Emmey, like the rest of the DT, was notified with the first challenge details I asked her if she would write a short paragraph with what her reaction was when she found out.  This is what she sent me :)


--------------------------------------------


How did I feel when I first read what our first challenge was going to be? Well! I'll try and put into words. 
The mixture of excitement, nervousness and pure confusion that all flooded me at once, once I had read the challenge a few times, smiled to myself, my head began to flood with ideas! Ideas I've never really had before and started to feel very adventurous to really try and show off my skills of not only taking part in this challenge but how to interpret it! 

Endless possibilities and the uniqueness of this challenge 
has only left me very much looking forward to the next challenges to come!


--------------------------------------------


It is wonderful to hear the everyone being so positive even when they were stunned for a while about the challenge when first knowing about it.  Since then, hearing their excitement & little tid bits about their projects it's a nice feeling knowing that they are looking forward to putting it all together :)


Emmey has also written another post to her blog followers letting them know that she has been given the first challenge.  If you would like read more about it visit her post here.

In fact, whilst you are there take a look at her wonderful designs & see how adventurous Emmey is with trying different techniques.  I especially love the post about the 'hot pot' (well that's what I call it lol).  I am sure you will love Emmey's sense of humour, as I know I do  :)  Be sure to become a follower so that you don't miss out on her wonderful posts & designs.


Now before I go, I just want to remind you about the blog candy.
If you haven't entered yet, click on the picture & you will be in the draw to win.





That's it for me today.
I will be back tomorrow to introduce you to a wondeful Designer on the team.

Till then, take care & thank you for visiting.

Hugs x



 


Thank goodness for social media :)  Feel free to keep up with me :)
Facebook - I hold regular giveaways & discounts on my designs - Click here
Twitter - Tweet tweet - Click here
Pinterest - Yes I'm addicted lol - Click here


Follow on Bloglovin





5 comments:

Cindy said...

Emmey is such a nice person with a lot of humour. I am very excited to have her as a sister at DDCC. I am very curious to what she is going to make, she is very talented! Hugs, Cindy

cristel said...

am so curious to she her lovely creations
greetings

Jay said...

Such a joy to have the opportunity to meet Emmey, she is a little ray of sunshine!!! A lovely introduction honey. Big cuddles Jay xxx

Sam K said...

I can't wait to see what Emmey creates and if you want a sneak peak at her DDCC project head over to her blog now ;p
It's certainly got us all guessing.
She's a lovely person, with a great sense of humour
x

My blog: Little Pear Tree
DT for Dreamtime Designs Craft Challenge
My Pinterest

Unknown said...

Emmey is such a doll. The best way to describe her is that she's a bit like a bubble just waiting to pop. Her energy and excitement are contagious!
My favorite part of her bio is the line "a perfect corner of paradise" as long as you keep your imagination alive. So true!
I'm thrilled to be able to call Emmey and all of the other gals my new DT sisters!
hugs--
Roberta
Queen Bee Paper Crafts
Follow me on Facebook