Friday, September 20, 2013

Introducing DDCC Designer Gemma :)




Good morning my lovely blog friends :)

It's a beautiful day, the sun is shining & even though it's a little windy, I have been having a wonderful time sitting out in the garden checking emails etc on my phone.  Shame I don't have any washing to do as it would be the perfect weather for it with getting it dry.  However, I am thankful that I don't have any house chores to do today :)  It is a day for crafting for me :)


We are now more than half way through with presenting the new 
Dreamtime Designs Craft Challenge Design Team to you :) 



The next designer I would like to introduce to you is Gemma :)


Gemma's blog is Handmade by Gem


Gemma has settled nicely into our little Facebook DT Group & we have all been bugging her with product suggestions & advice.  We have found that Gemma has used a few different techniques & items that we haven't used before, so Gemma has been wonderful in shedding some light for us :)  Thanks Gem :)


Gemma has written her profile for us :)

-----------------------------------------------------


Hiya, I’m Gemma, 
I’m 28 and have been married 8 years to the love of my life who I met when I was 14! We have 2 cats and an 8 month old baby girl! 

I’ve always crafted in some form, I started with cross stitch when I was very young and have tried my hand at all sorts! My big passion at the moment is Cardmaking, I can spend many an hour colouring in. My favourite things to use to colour are Promarkers and Prismacolor Pencils. I also love working on my Project Life! 

I came across Dreamtime Designs whilst browsing blogland recently and decided to enter the DT call and am very excited to have been asked to join this group of lovely ladies and become a Designette! 

I can’t wait to get started and I am looking forward to the upcoming challenges!


-----------------------------------------------------

You can find Gemma's original DT announcement post to her blog friends here.


Talking of our challenges, here are Gemma's thoughts on the first DDCC adventure after she found out the details :)


-----------------------------------------------------


I was excited to find out what our first DDCC would be and I was anticipating something out of the ordinary as we had been hinted at that this was to be like no other Challenge blog out there...but oh my word I was seriously underestimating the task at hand and I am left wondering if I have perhaps bitten off more than I could chew with this one! 

It's going to take some serious thought, planning, and outside of the box thinking but this is exactly what I need to get me off my bum out of my comfort zone and taking my crafting to new levels! I have planned my project out and can't wait to get started, I just hope it doesn't take me longer than I think! 

Gem xx

-----------------------------------------------------

Thank you so much Gemma.
I really cannot wait to see what creative cooking you have going on in your craft room Gemma :)  You can read Gemma's post on her blog about the first challenge here.

Don't forget to check out all of Gemma's wonderful designs & see what she has been getting up to in the craft world.  Become a follower so that you don't miss out on her blog & design updates :)


I am sooo keen to see what all of the DT are going to be doing for their first challenge projects.  It is going to be amazing!



Before I go, I just want to remind you of the blog candy that is available to you.  There isn't very long left to get your entry in.  You can enter by clicking on the image:



There will be three winners.  Good luck :)



Have a great day everyone.
See you tomorrow.


Hugs x


 


Thank goodness for social media :)  Feel free to keep up with me :)
Facebook - I hold regular giveaways & discounts on my designs - Click here
Twitter - Tweet tweet - Click here
Pinterest - Yes I'm addicted lol - Click here


Follow on Bloglovin



3 comments:

Unknown said...

I just don't think there could be a sweeter gal to fill this spot on the DT! She is so very up beat and encouraging about every little obstacle any of us has mentioned in the DT facebook page so far. And her work is off the charts phenomenal!
As an added bonus, she has the most beautiful baby girl and being the Mom to 3 boys I'm so excited to have a new little pink, frilly thing I can watch grow up....even in the blogosphere.
hugs--
Roberta
Dreamtime Designs Craft Challenge Design Team
Queen Bee Paper Crafts
Follow me on Facebook

The-Butterfly said...

Personally I dislike Gem, she has too much stash and makes me buy stuff! Haha no Gem is brilliant and has been a real huge help in my shopping endeavours - has some fab money saving tips too! She's always around for a question or two and once again cannot wait to see what she creates :)

Sam K said...

Lol Marinda (although i do agree she has too much stash...hehe..which you can all check out for yourself on her you tube craft room tour :p)....Gemma is probably one of the youngest members of the DT, yet her wealth of knowledge (which she seems happy to share) is massive. Her work is stunning and I can't wait to see what she produces for the DDCC
x

My blog: Little Pear Tree
DT for Dreamtime Designs Craft Challenge
My Pinterest