Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Introducing DDCC Designer Jay :)




Good morning everyone :)
I am able to grab some time this morning to write this post to you.


My Daughter Zoe is coming home from school early today as she isn't feeling too well.  She has a cold coming on with a terrible sore throat. However, she decided to wait till after her maths class to come home as she is having a test.  Isn't she good? If it were me, back in my school days, I would have wanted to come home before the maths test lol.  

She also shocked me yesterday with having completed her Science homework.  Normally I'm nagging her to get it done but no, not this time.  It is all done :)  Since she has changed schools her attitude towards her work is a lot better. I'm so proud of her :)


Well, here I am again to introduce to you another one of our DT members.


Everyone please welcome Jane...who prefers to be called Jay :)


Jay's blog - Jay's Crafty Corner


If you love Magnolia stamps then you will love Jay :)  
She is a lot like me & loves Tilda :)

Here is a little about Jay.

------------------------------------------


Hi, my name is Jay I am a married Mum of one and married to the love of my life for 25 years. 

I have been crafting one way or another throughout my lifetime. When I was little I made teddies and tiny felt dolls, that I sewed. I also knit (not very well lol) and crotchet.

I enjoy paper crafting most days of the week and adore colouring with a variety of mediums but my absolute favourite is Prisma pencils LOS Technique. I also use Copics and I have recently started to use distress inks too.

I heard about Dreamtime Designs when I was leaving a comment for a friend. When I read through the information for the blog I knew that I would like to be involved, so I applied and here I am!!!

I am in the the Designettes sister group with the lovely Lorraine, Beverly, Emmey and Gemma. 

Dreamtime Design DT is the friendliest DT. All the lovely ladies are in regular contact with each other and we have a real family feel to the group.

We are all looking forward to stretching ourselves and learning new techniques and making the challenge blog a huge success. 

DDCC is something completely different and there are a few surprises in store.
We would love you to come join in this exciting new challenge blog and follow our journey too.



------------------------------------------

Woo hoo! How exciting :)
You can also see the DT post that Jay made to her followers to let them know the great news here.


Jay has also given you a little insight as to what she thought of our first challenge that is due to go live on the 1st October :)

------------------------------------------


Hi, 
When I read the challenge, initially I was very surprised!!! 
It certainly is not a standard challenge, its a brand new take on the guidelines for a challenge. I’ve never done one this detailed before and I wanted to be stretched! This first challenge is certainly doing that! I love that Lisa has asked us to add a little bit of ourselves into this challenge.  

Now, a few days on, I have my design mapped out in my head and am looking forward to making my first ever creation for this exciting and friendly new challenge blog!
Cuddles Jay x

------------------------------------------


Thanks so much Jay :)


You can read more about Jay's initial reaction to the first challenge here.
While you are there have a look around Jays blog. Her creations are wonderful :)  Don't forget to become a follower so that you can keep up-to-date with her designs & adventures.


Tomorrow I will be back with another DT to introduce to you :)
Hope to see you then.

Hugs


 


Thank goodness for social media :)  Feel free to keep up with me :)
Facebook - I hold regular giveaways & discounts on my designs - Click here
Twitter - Tweet tweet - Click here
Pinterest - Yes I'm addicted lol - Click here



Follow on Bloglovin



3 comments:

The-Butterfly said...

Jay is fab! Such a great member and I'm so pleased to be on the same sister team as her, I'm also a big magnolia fan so of course love Jays creations even more :) another fab member of the team! :)

Sam K said...

Jay is a wonderful lady and has really helped to put me at ease in the group with her words of wisdom :p
hugs
x

My blog: Little Pear Tree
DT for Dreamtime Designs Craft Challenge
My Pinterest

Unknown said...

Jay is such an incredible artist! Each time I look at one of her creations it takes me a bit to notice all of the details she puts into her work. The eye just keeps skipping from one yummy thing to the next!
I know the followers of our challenges are going to find great inspiration in her projects....I certainly do!
hugs--
Roberta
Dreamtime Designs Craft Challenge Design Team
Queen Bee Paper Crafts
Follow me on Facebook