Sunday, September 22, 2013

The Sweetest Thing - Tabletop Home Decor Canvas





Hi & welcome my lovely friends & to all my wonderful new followers.
Thank you for popping over :)


I thought it was about time that I should add my latest design to my blog due to it being time for another My Besties Aussies Challenge :)


This time the challenge is
'Anything But A Card'.


We would love for you to take part in the challenge as it enables you to create something a little different.  Not only that but you will also be eligible to win some gorgeous My Besties all for yourself :)


For this challenge I have created a Tabletop Home Decor Canvas.
Would you like to meet my little Besties all coloured up?

Here they are :)






Are they or are they not sooo cute?  
I just adore them & had a great time for a few hours adding colour to them.



I used the following Copic colours:

Skin: E000, 00, 04, 11, 21, R20
Hair: E25, 40, 41, 43, 47, 50, 51, 53, Y11
Outfits: BV000, 00, 02, 04, 08, B93, 95, 97, 99, V000, 01, 04, 19, G82, 94, 96
Shoes: E31, 41, 43, 47 
Blender


Want to pin the Copic colour combo?







I had a great time putting this design together.  Some of the supplies that I used are new like the Magnolia Doohickey called Paris Night.  I got a little brave & frantaged it as well as the fence.  


Yep, I'm still using my toaster to heat it up to get the effect that I want.  Have you used Frantage yet?  Have you smelt the aroma that it leaves in the air after it's been 'melted'?  I can't decide whether it's a pleasant smell or not lol.  What do you think?








I added a few beautiful flowers to the top right of the design & thought a tag wouldn't go astray either.  I used seam binding & what I call a 'tulle lace' to give it a more delicate touch.







Do you see the little heart on the left?  That was sent to me as a freebie with a small order I made on a Facebook group that I belong to.  I had no idea at the time what I was going to use it for but it just sort of found it's way on to my design lol.  I added the cute little flower embellie with a pearl on the top & voila, a small highlight of the moment lol.







I had fun adding the bow, some more tulle lace & a little flower charm that too was ordered from Facebook.  Seriously I have to get off these groups because I am spending too much money lol.  Oh well, they were going at a great price, so how could I not? ;)






Do you like all the flowers that I have added?  I don't normally put too many flowers on my designs but this one sort of started blooming them all by itself lol.  

In real life though, they look really lovely on the design, even if I do say so myself :)  They really give it that extra feminine & dainty touch.






I added the stand to the back of the design so that it can stand up & look really pretty on a tabletop.


Do you see the sentiment 'the sweetest thing'?  It is a metal rivet that I have had in my stash for quite some time & finally I was able to use it :)  So glad about that :)


Do you want to see the design on face value?
Well, before I show it to you, I want to mention that I followed this sketch at CLP Sketch Challenge.  It was a lot of fun :)






This is how it turned out.







All in all I had the best time putting this cutie together.  
One day I will use these Besties again but next time I will see what they look like in other colours :)

Oooohhh, we are only limited by our imagination, right? :)



If you would like to pin this design to your Pinterest board:



-----------------------------------------

This design has been popped into my

-----------------------------------------




I would like to include my design into the following challenges:

Besties Challenge - Anything Goes
My Besties Dutch Girls #8 - Bling Bling
Papertake Weekly - Make It Sparkle
Tuesday Throwdown #165 - Things with wings
Crafty Creations #240 - So charming
Penny's Challenge #145 - Two or more patterned papers
Crafty Ribbons #62 - Anything goes with ribbon
Allsorts #225 - Button up (flower button on left)
Sweet Stampin - Glamour & Glitz
Corrosive #183 - Mother, Maiden, Crowe
A Creative Romance - Dies or punches
Divas by Design - Anything goes
Oldie But A Goodie - Dies & punches (Button & Sentiment rivet)
Bunny Zoe's Crafts - Something blue
CLP - Sketch
CMC Copic Challenge Group #77 - Anything goes
Copic Marker Europe - Photo inspiration




-----------------------------------------



Have you entered for my blog candy yet? You should do so...you might win :)
Click on either image to enter.


   



Have you heard that there is a new Challenge & Design Team in cyber town?

Dreamtime Designs Craft Challenge 
goes live with our very first challenge on the 1st October.

It is going to be a challenge you will not want to miss!
 So, feel free to become a follower of my blog & I promise to update you with the most unique challenge that will get your creative thoughts thinking outside of the box. Seriously, you don't want to miss it :)


Thank you so much for popping by.
I will be back tomorrow to present one of our lovely DT ladies to you.
See you then :)


Big hugs xxx





Thank goodness for social media :)  Feel free to keep up with me :)
Facebook - I hold regular giveaways & discounts on my designs - Click here
Twitter - Tweet tweet - Click here
Pinterest - Yes I'm addicted lol - Click here


Follow on Bloglovin




24 comments:

brenda said...

What beautiful colours and so much work to create a really lovely piece of work.

Thanks so much for joining in our Button Up theme at Allsorts this week.

B x

Little peartree said...

Lisa, This is gorgeous...again!!! The freebie heart colour matches perfectly and the sentiment not only matches but is a really lovely sentiment. I think the flowers really suit the card and I love also your photographing of the project with the beautiful flowers in the background x

My blog: Little Pear Tree
DT for Dreamtime Designs Craft Challenge
My Pinterest

Kate T said...

Very pretty card, thanks for joining in this weeks Crafty Ribbons challenge, Kate x

DOROTHY MADEREEL said...

Your card is a dream. I love it so much. Thank you for joining us at the Dutch Besties and hope to see you again.

with love from Holland,
Dorothy

Cindy said...

OMG This is so beautiful, I love the colloring and the colors, it is really amazing! Thanks for joining my Bestie Dutch Girls. Hugs, Cindy

Anita Meijer said...

What is this beautiful Lisa, I like your card very much.
Thank you for joining us at the challenge of My Besties Dutch Girls, thanks en good luck.
Hugs from Anita

Tracey Fehr said...

This project is just gorgeous! From the colors to the flowers it's just perfect! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Crafty Creations!
Tracey F., DT Crafty Creations Challenges

Mikha Adriani said...

Lisa! <3 this is really lovely, beautifully create, dear. I enjoy looking this over and over again. Wonderful, fantastic! <3
Hugs, Mikha

Elena F said...

turly beautiful your 3d project; I love love flowers, embellishment and the coloring did you made! Elena F.

Angel Scrapbook and Party Goodies said...

Gorgeous project Hun, and a few new colour combos I haven't seen before :-) thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your beautiful comments x

Deni x

mijacards said...

Hy Lisa

What a beautiful work create by you.
Thanks voor invite me.
I am now folower.

Gr. Mia

Heidi said...

Your card is gorgeous!
Beautiful colours:)
Hugs, Heidi:)

Sally Dube said...

Gorgeous!! Love the image and your attention to detail is spectacular!!
Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Throwdown.
Blessings to you!!
Sally TT-DT

Barbara GR said...

Gorgeous card!!! Beautiful colours!! I love it!
Hugs
Barbara GR

Roberta Swisher said...

I don't have any Besties yet but I think I'm going have to go get that one! My niece has 2 little girls and that would be so perfect for them.
Love the colors you used. You've made an image with a lot of blue in it look so girly....fantastic! Of course that garden of flowers that bloomed on it's own makes for a pretty feminine scene too.
Lovely work as always, my friend.
hugs--
Roberta
Dreamtime Designs Craft Challenge Design Team
Queen Bee Paper Crafts
Follow me on Facebook

The-Butterfly said...

Love this! The colours! Amazing, my favorite is purple so I love their little outfits, Lisa I really need some beasties now, you really do them justice! I just love them - I'll have to go search the store, do they have a food related Beastie? Love the flowers too! Their so pretty, I'd just want to stroke them all day lol :)

Janice said...

Absolutely brilliant. Beautiful colours and colouring. A delightful card to share with us at Divas, Jx

Cindy said...

Hi Lisa!

Just saw your comment at the Besties blog. Could you please send me an email at mybestieschallenge@outlook.com

Can't seem to find your contact info :p

Hugs,

Helene E said...

Thank you so much for your lovely contribution to our challenge at Allsorts this week!

Karen Gauthier said...

Gorgeous card! Love the colors you chose. Thanks for joining us at CMC.

Karen

Fleur said...

A STUNNING Card. Thanks for sharing with us at ACR
Hugz Fleur ♥♥♥

Debora said...

Love the colors! Such a beautiful card I had to Pin it! Thanks for joining us this week at The Corrosive Challenge.

Dips said...

What an absolutely gorgeous project, great use of dies. Thank you so much for entering my challenge theme on an Oldie But A Goodie, and good luck!

Sue H said...

Hi Lisa,
KUDOS to you. You did a beautiful job creating your "canvas". It is absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!!!

My blog: http://cardandjewelrycorner.blogspot.com/
DT for The Outlaws
Have many cards on Split Coast Stamper (suzie Q12)